Tuesday, August 14, 2012

T-Shirt Transformation

Everyone has more t-shirts than they know what to do with, and 99.9% of the time, the t-shirts are way too big! The last time I went to a Rockies game, they were giving away free t-shirts, but of course, the only size they were handing out was XXL. I definitely don't fit comfortably into a size XXL tshirt, so I opted to do a little "snip snip here, snip snip there" (ten points for naming that reference) and altering my t-shirt to fit a bit more properly before attending the game tonight.

There are plenty of different styles and tutorials out there, but I opted to lace up the sides of my shirt with the band cut from the bottom of the tshirt.

Sorry the quality of the pictures is so terrible, but I just snapped some on my iPhone.

HUGE t-shirt: Before

After!

Cut the sides, the sleeves, and the neckline

The sides laced up with the leftover band cut from the bottom of the shirt.

There was no measuring - I simply cut and figured it out as I went. I figured no harm if I ruined a free t-shirt! I wish some of the edges weren't so jaggedy, and I wish it didn't fit QUITE as tight as it does, but that comes from me just hacking and chopping at the shirt. But I'd say this is a much better alternative to wearing a HUGE, baggy t-shirt to support the home team!

And HOORAY! The Rockies actually won this game! 
Before the game

During the game!



1 comments: