Thursday, February 9, 2012

{{ Pirates of Penzance... A Preview }}


Wondering what all the buzz is around campus concerning 'The Pirates of Penzance' ??? We've been hard at work on this hilarious opera by Gilbert and Sullivan since the start of this academic year. Now we've finally reached opening night! 

Here are some awesome still shots of the production. If this doesn't entice you to check out one of the four shows this weekend, {Thurs . Fri. and Sat. @ 7:30pm / Sun. @ 2pm} then I don't know what will!

Info can be found HERE!, or you can check out the handy-dandy Facebook Event! The show is double cast, starring the "Crossbones" cast on Thursday/Saturday shows, and the "Skulls" cast on Friday/Sunday shows. I will be playing the role of Edith on Thursday/Saturday nights. Come to at least one show, if not multiple so you can see both spectacular casts!

{Thanks to Ross Mulhausen, the campus photographer, for these shots. They are property of the school, hence the watermark through the photos. The few without watermarks are in thanks to Sharon Styer.}





 {the lovely ladies of the production. can you say "pastels" and "crinoline skirts" ??? whew!}






{if nothing else, you should want to see brian ernst play the major general. his aria is enough to make your head spin!}

 {hehe - the police! I love these guys! "tarantara!"}










{our fabulous cast!}

Come see the show! You won't regret it...guaranteed!!!

2 comments:

Liesl Bryant said...

Can someone pleasepleasePLEASE make a recording so I can watch it when I get back to the states? I want to see it SO BAD! Break a leg, everyone!!!

apolete said...

Lees...both casts will be filmed. One way or another, you'll have access to both, I'm sure! I hope you're having a blast in Dublin right now...I'm jealous!