Monday, May 16, 2011

It's About Time!!!

It's about time I update this darn thing! Why? Because so much has happened between my last post and now!!! Prepare yourself for an update in pictures (and videos, when appropriate!)

The same weekend as the Beethoven Concert, I sang in the final Adelphian Spring concert:

I finished up my classes, which also concluded my teaching practicum (at least officially. I'll be volunteering with the same teacher all next year). I got to take a farewell picture with my adorable 3rd graders!

I was awarded a very generous endowed music scholarship on the last day of classes!
(This picture was taken last year after I was granted the same scholarship, but it still captures my excitement!)

 I performed with this WONDERFUL group of women in my first ever 'What She Said' concert!



I randomly was invited to go see this concert with Cailin and her friend Will. Dustin, Dylan, and Nadine were there, too:
(THAT was a new experience! Phew!)

I studied for finals. 
Well...kind of. This VERY accurately sums up my studying habits for final exams:
 But then I took them. And I passed! (Or so I think...grades come out at a later date!)

I went thrift store shopping with this lady:

I got to help celebrate the 21st birthday of my dear friend Cailin!!! We went out two nights in a row!
(1st birthday drink. I bought her her drink of choice: a Chocolate Caramel Martini. Ew)

(2nd night out. A little more crazy than her official birthday night!!!)


I got to see THIS amazing man speak at the Tacoma Dome:
(That's the Archbishop Demond Tutu, for those that don't know)

I watched my friends of 2011, including my suitemate Beth, graduate in the rain!
I was there for this event, but couldn't find the girls after to be a part of this picture. =(

I managed to pack up ALL of this by myself (with the very generous help of my wonderful friends Cailin and Dustin! THANK YOU!)

I had a babysitting marathon on Saturday, and we had all sorts of fun:
 

And then I managed to wake up at 3:30am to fly home to COLORADO! I was reunited with my family, and one of the new (well, old) loves of my life:
Tadashi is our 1st guide dog that we raised, and he now is retired and living back in our home. He's my newest cuddle bug, and I LOVE having him back (since my mother has turned Alpine, our other dog, into her little sidekick who won't give anyone else the time of day!)

Now it's on to 

There's lots to accomplish here in Colorado in the 3 weeks I am home. But I'm very excited and will be better at updating my summer happenings!!!





0 comments: